SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Guest Post

A college acquaintance of mine is a pastor and has a blog. He posted the following the day after the presidential election in 2008 and I thought it had some good things to say.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008
A Win
Hey the ads won't be all over television anymore for a while. Sadness and joy fill this day for most Americans. 62 million or so are happy; 55 million or so are sad. Some in the world rejoice, others are concerned about the possibility in a radical change of foreign policy.

I have read blogs today from friends about not over-reacting if it did not go the way most people of faith had hoped. I have had conversations with people who are certain this is the beginning of the end.

I know this...I spent time on Tuesday night watching Rocky II...the inspiring story of an underdog. If you have seen the movie as many times as I have, you remember that Rocky doesn't seem to want to fight the rematch because he doesn't have the support of his wife. Its only when she comes out of her coma and utters that word "win" that his heart gets into the fight.

I wonder how many times we want someone else to fight for us...a pastor, a teacher, a lawyer, a parent, a politician. We don't seem personally interested in a fight, and I don't mean a political fight unless you know you are called to such a task. I mean the fight spoken of in Ephesians 6...the fight against the unseen.

Jesus has drawn us close to himself and whispered to us, "WIN!" I am inspired to do just that. Winning begins with one person reaching one person. No president can help that or hinder that. No law can stand against the Spirit of God at work in a person' life. So no matter how you feel, remember to do one thing...win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael