SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Biggest. Security Force. Ever.

In order to provide security for the inauguration on Tuesday, the Secret Service is commanding a force which numbers 41,000 strong. That is 10,000 stronger than the 31,000 forces serving in Afghanistan. According to a DC police force spokesperson, the police force is used to large crowds and has everything under control.

In a completely unrelated story, (at least I hope so) in the last few weeks of Bush's term he sent out almost 20,000 troops into states such as Arizona, California and Texas. This amount of troops, in operation within US borders, is unprecedented in US history.

I'm not going to comment on what I really think about this troop buildup. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael