SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And Then There Were Ten.

Ten Republicans on Monday voted with Democrats to confirm Geithner, A self-confessed tax cheat, as Treasury Secretary. The 10 Republicans who voted yes were Sens. Bob Corker of Tennessee, John Cornyn of Texas, Mike Crapo of Idaho, John Ensign of Nevada, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Hatch of Utah, Richard Shelby of Alabama, Olympia Snowe of Maine and George Voinovich of Ohio.

I'll be watching these ten Republicans closely from here on out and if they continue down this road of supporting Obama like this, I'll recommend that they be voted out by their respective constituencies.

What is really interesting is that 3 Democrats voted against Geithner. The Democrats voting no were Sens. Byrd, Russell Feingold of Wisconsin and Harkin of Iowa. Also voting no was Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who caucuses with Democrats.

Senator Kit Bond (R) of Missouri was absent at the vote, and I have already sent him an email through his web form at www.senate.gov expressing my displeasure at him for being absent on such a critical vote.

We now have a treasury secretary who will be expected to lay down rules and regulations that regular Americans will have to follow, which he couldn't follow himself.

1 comment:

  1. What do you expect from Lindsay Graham? He's a disaster. But John Cornyn? I'm truly disappointed and he will be hearing from me (I'm a Texan).

    Our freedom is being stripped with every new day. Gone are the days when we had a representative government and the voter had a voice in Washington. Before we know it the Bill of Rights will be considered outdated and ignored and an autocracy will take its place.

    There are too few Republican representatives who truly care about the conservative principles that got them elected. They are more concerned with their belt-way status and crossing the aisle in compromise. I call that cowardice. You will notice the only ones who ever 'cross the aisle' are Republicans and it has to stop.

    Where is the outrage by the 60+ million Republicans who voted in this past election? How do we rally these voices before it is too late and our voices are silenced forever???

    ReplyDelete

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael