SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Victory in Jesus!

I just received the following email from Walter Bradley, Former Lt. Governor of NM, via the Baptist Convention of NM.


Yes, the Lord had a Great Victory over the same sex domestic partnership bill. Yes, all of you did a great job in bringing about this victory for our Lord, BUT none of us cast the winning votes and the issue is not over.

The supporters are trying to find a way to bring it back and we must keep our votes. I remember last year when we won with one vote to kill it in committee. Democrate Senator Richard Martinez cast that deciding vote. When he came to this session he shared this message, "Last year when I cast that vote, I was worried. When I got home I received over a hundred Thank You cards and people at church and the coffee shop told me Thank You. I knew I did the right thing and will do it again."

Our job is not finished. Each one of us, if we can afford it, needs to send 25 Senators a Thank You card with our praise. Nothing fancy, maybe as simple as " Thank You for supporting traditional marriage!, but Yes 25 individual Thank You cards. This card is as important as anything we have done on this issue!

The list of Senators and addresses are attached.

May God continue to Bless us all,

Walter Bradley
Frm. Lt. Governor


This email was sent in reference to a same-sex domestic partnership and marriage bill that was being worked on in the NM state senate. It seems as though the bill has been killed in NM through no small effort by Christians there. For those who don't know, NM is one of a handful of states where issues like this cannot be brought to a vote, instead they must be decided on by state legislators per the NM state constitution.

Here's an article from last Friday's Las Cruces newspaper which lists names of those who voted yes and no.

Good Job, NM!

1 comment:

  1. Again Michael, what do you PERSONALLY have against someone, anyone, wanting to get married?? You say you "can't condone" homosexual behaviour, ok fine, don't condone it but who gives you the right to decide for a complete strange whether they can or can not get married?

    I don't condone anyone owning a gun of any kind but I'm not about to tell someone that they can't own a gun. I don't condone hate filled speeches but I will defend to my death for that individual to have the right to free speech.

    Do you seriously expect me and others to believe that you are doing "gods will" by forbidding a select group of GODS CHILDREN from partaking in a right that is affording to the rest of GODS CHILDREN?

    John 8:7
    ....When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael