SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Internet, Everywhere You Need it to be.

Southwest Airlines is starting to test WiFi Internet Access on 4 of it's planes throughout March. No advance notice of which planes and which routes, but the airline promises that the 4 planes will fly all over the route map. During the test phase, the WiFi will be free and all that is required is feedback.

This is a long time coming but is welcome by me. I am a HEAVY Internet user and I appreciate the ability to connect wherever I am.

Besides the fact that Southwest Airlines is the only one "major" airline to make money consistently since 9/11/2001 without charging for luggage, etc, the addition of WiFi makes Southwest my airline of choice. I cannot wait until the WiFi access is implemented fleet-wide.



2 comments:

  1. I think this is great. I'm wondering if it is a free service as I just read that a European airline is thinking of installing pay toilets on their planes at a 'wee' fee of $1.40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg,
    So from everything I've been able to read about Southwest's WiFi, it will indeed be a pay service. A little disappointing but I'd rather pay for WiFi than to check my luggage.
    Regards,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael