SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Does Going to Church Make You a Better Person?

It has been proven time and time again that people who are church-goers give more to charity, do more volunteer work, and have strong values. It sure beats some people who instead of really caring about the poor, are out worried if the spotted owl or the desert mouse will become extinct. Church goers are better people than the ones out there encouraging women to have abortions instead of teaching restraint, abstinence and birth control.

Most Christians tithe regularly and when that tithe goes to the local church, it does more than just pay a pastor. Most Southern Baptist Churches have outreach ministries such as Clothes Closets and Soup Kitchens. They have a variety of ministries to reach the lost such as bus ministries, Vacation Bible Schools, and Sponsoring Bible Studies in areas of town where the church doesn't have a physical location.

What do godless liberals do? They call George W. Bush names, they force Drs., Nurses and Pharmacists to perform abortions even when they are personally opposed to the procedures, and prescribe day-after pills when their consciences tell them that it is irresponsible. They attack the church and Christians. They fight for the rights of terrorists who have killed innocent Americans and fight to protect wild animals from the onslaught of human progress, mostly to the detriment of humans.

So I'm gonna say Yeah, you're a much better person for attending a Christian church and living daily by faith than someone who does not.

Blessings,
Michael

6 comments:

  1. "Godless liberals??" *lol* Once again Michael it's sad and funny how you throw about labels and accusations with absolutely no facts to back-up your claims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sus, When I say "Godless Liberals" I mean just that. I believe that there is only one GOD and that is the GOD I'm referring to that is missing in the liberals lives. Other Gods and Goddesses don't make the cut so I stand by my phrase! Thanks for commenting. I enjoy the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Michael you don't get it.

    I am but ONE tiny little speck of the "liberal" population. My mother is a registered Democrat, considers herself liberal and VERY Christian, always has been. She attends church 2x's a week plus bible study, participates in all their church things, doesn't support gay rights BUT she voted for Obama because as a veteran she has seen her benefits slashed to pieces under Bush and seen her children suffer economically under Bush. And yet she continues to tell me how she "fears for my soul" and is saddened that "the whole family will not be reunited in heaven." So DO NOT call my mother godless.

    Oh and then there's the Syrian fella I knew from my job at the paper who is a Christian and voted for Bush but switched parties this time to vote for Obama.

    And my best friend of 25 years who is a registered Republican but typically ends up voting Democrat because of the social and healthcare issues.

    You seem to think that just because someone is a "liberal," or registered Democrat, they can't believe in your Christian god. Nothing could be further from the truth. I know you want the world to be black & white but it's not.

    Go ahead and call me godless and a liberal, I've had a lot worse thrown at me! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, Your mother does indeed sound like she is a very godly woman. I too want your entire family to be reunited in heaven for the eternal celebration. Susan, I want to meet you and heaven. And it is so easy! All you have to do is accept Jesus as your personal savior. Once you invite him into your heart to live all the things of earth will fall away. If you want to accept Jesus as your personal savior pray this prayer:

    Jesus lord of all, I invite you to live in my heart forever! I shun the sinful desires of earth and want to live out my life on earth as a child of God. I know and accept that you died on the cross for ME, to save me from my sins. I accept you as my personal savior and ask your forgiveness for all my sin. I will strive to do your will in all that I endeavor on this earth and I want to bring others to know your love and forgiveness for them. I want to be resurrected when I die so that I may join you in Heaven at the foot of God worshipping and celebrating and basking in His glory forever! AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....bleeechhh. Please Michael, don't try to "save" me. Spend your energy on someone who actually wants to hear that rhetoric. Otherwise, if you truly want to be a friend then you will respect my choices and not try to change me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael