SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

How Stimulating.

Ann Coulter wrote a column this week on the bloated stimulus bill that will not create real jobs but will create a huge federal government.
Here's an excerpt:
At every other workplace in the nation -- even Wal-Mart! -- workers are being laid off. But no one at any of the bloated government bureaucracies ever need fear receiving a pink slip. All 64,750 employees at the department of Health and Human Services are apparently absolutely crucial to the smooth functioning of the department.

or how about this:
The stimulus bill goes a long way toward repealing the work requirement of the 1996 Republican Welfare Reform bill and rewards states that increase their welfare caseloads by paying unwed mothers to sit home doing nothing.

Here's the full article.
I just want to close by saying Thank you to, Nancy "I-speak-for-all-those-Americans-who-agree-with-me" Pelosi, and Harry "Never-met-a-welfare-recipient-I-didn't-like" Reid, and President Barack Hussein Obama. Looks like the only people benefitting from the stimulus are government employees who can't be fired anyway.

3 comments:

  1. So tell me Michael, what would you say if I told you I'm on welfare? Would that change your opinion of me? And would it change your opinion of me if I told you that I've been on and off welfare since 1994, even while I was married?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sus, I have no problem with people on welfare. The problem that I have is that people who really need the ASISTANCE can't get their fair share because the welfare rolls are clogged with people who are abusing the system. I hope that you are able to get all the assistance that you need. But I have a real problem with single mothers who can go out and get a job but instead they keep having babies. I have many female cousins who are single but they go out and pay for daycare and work. The welfare abusers could do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sus has left a new comment on your post "How Stimulating.":

    You're absolutely right that it is sad that our government is unable to help ALL it's citizens and yes there are a few bad seeds who abuse the system. That's the way it is in anything. But not all single mothers AND single fathers, let's be fair here, abuse the program.

    The problem with welfare in America is that it forces you to stay on it because in order to get off it you end up back where you were initially.

    Here's how it works: Say I'm a single mother with no job. I get a job that pays a big whoppin' $10/hr and I have 2 kids to feed. Suddenly I loose 1/2 of my food stamp allocation because now I've got "more money coming in." Yes, there's more "money coming in" from the job but now the gov't has just taken away 1/2 of my food stamp benefits so now I have to use that portion of my paycheck to buy food, instead of using it to clothe my kids, pay rent, perhaps even attempt to save a bit of money. Oh and because I've got a job, now I don't qualify for utility assistance or Sec. 8 housing.

    So it'd of been safer if I had stayed on welfare because then I'd have money for food, rent & heating, not to mention cheaper rent.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael