SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pennywise but Pound Foolish

This year as part of the Pope's Christmas message, he decried the selfishness that has brought on the global financial crisis. Although I am not Catholic, he had some very pointed but very correct things to say. I believe that this financial crisis is a serious message from God that we have to stop living out of our means and running up our credit cards and trying to compete with our neighbors for material things. I believe that Americans are learning this lesson the hard way. Credit card limits are being slashed and houses that most people cannot afford are suddenly worth less than the loans. At least Americans are starting to finally conserve gas which is keeping the price of Oil and gas very low.

Life is not about selfishly buying everything you want. As Christians we are supposed to buy what we need and depend on God for those things.

Here is the pope's message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael