SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry ChristmaRamaKwanzukah

This tradition of melding all of the holidays together is ridiculous. In order to be politically correct and avoid offending anyone, the heathen liberals who created this "Holiday Stew" have offended me. Kwanzaa was formed by 60's radicals who wanted to celebrate the "best" tenets of Marxism and communism and Ramadan is celebrated by Islam, you know, the "religion of peace." Christmas has ceased to be about the birth of Jesus and is now worshipped on the altar piled high with gifts and has become so commercial that it has overflowed to Hanukkah as well.

For those who don't know the meaning of Hanukkah, here it is:

Hanukkah, from the Hebrew word for "dedication" or "consecration", marks the re-dedication of the Temple in Jerusalem after its desecration by the forces of Antiochus IV and commemorates the "miracle of the container of oil". According to the Talmud, at the re-dedication following the victory of the Maccabees over the Seleucid Empire, there was only enough consecrated olive oil to fuel the eternal flame in the Temple for one day. Miraculously, the oil burned for eight days, which was the length of time it took to press, prepare and consecrate fresh olive oil.

I am wishing my christian friends Merry Christmas as the birth of our Saviour. To my Jewish friends I wish Happy Hanukkah. To everyone else, get saved by Jesus Christ the light of the world, and then we can talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael