SHOP AMAZON THROUGH MY LINK!!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Hated the book, LOVED the movie

I have just returned from seeing "Twilight" with my mom. I was expecting the worst after reading half of the first book, but was very pleasantly surprised. Where the pace of the book was plodding, the movie was graceful. Where the writing in the book was sophomoric and poorly written, the onscreen chemistry and dialogue was genuine and rich. Where the book's plot was cliche-ridden and schlocky, the movie flowed smoothly and gracefully. This movie is one of the best movies I have ever seen in my entire life. The cinematography was flawless, and the acting was top notch. If the movie screenwriter had been the author of the books, I would be able to declare the books literary masterpieces. Unfortunately that is not the case. Stephanie Meyer has no business writing a grocery list much less a novel. Go see the movie and avoid the book like the plague.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I loved the books and was not going to see the movie because movies are never as good as the books. I may have to see this one, but I still loved the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked the movie. Even if you hate the actual book (which Rod agreed was slow moving, you have to admitt it is a fun storyline.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments anonymous or otherwise but, I'd like to ask for respectful comments only that do not use profanity. Plus I'd like to know how you found my blog.
Thanks,
Michael